More businesses and residents are getting the support they need with the help of business grants and food parcels.
Crawley Borough Council’s Help Hub has supported 984 of the town’s most vulnerable residents and the council has awarded more than £5.8million in grants to 395 businesses across the borough. The council was the first in West Sussex to pay grants to businesses.
The grant schemes form part of the Government’s plan to support local businesses severely affected by the pandemic. Businesses can benefit from the Small Business Grant Fund or the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant.
Hundreds of businesses haven’t yet applied for this financial help. If you believe your business is eligible email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be sent a link to apply.
The Help Hub was created to assist residents who are vulnerable or high risk who may need food and medical supplies or a friendly voice to chat to. Since it began in March the hub has received a range of positive feedback from users:
- “What an amazing job your team are doing, delivering food parcels and collecting medication #amazing”
- “Well done for helping the vulnerable”
- “I received a large box with all essentials from you. Can’t tell you how very much it is appreciated. So thank you so very much”
- “As I have health conditions that put me in a vulnerable group, I am unable to go out. I was extremely grateful that I was able to ask for my prescription to be collected and delivered. The lady dealing with my request was cheerful and pleasant and my prescription was delivered by a very pleasant man who also enquired if I was ok. Thank you so much – you were great!”
- “Thank you! Very efficient service”
- “Wonderful people doing a wonderful job helping those much in need”
The council would like to thank all residents for getting in touch and offering their thanks and other positive comments, your words are much appreciated by staff during this difficult time. Over on Facebook, it has been fantastic to see so many residents sending pictures of their rainbow displays, supporting NHS staff.
Leader of Crawley Borough Council, Councillor Peter Lamb, said: “On behalf of the council, I would like to thank all key workers who have been working hard to provide healthcare, childcare, supplies and other essentials that help the rest of us stay home and keep safe.”
While most people will have friends and family to support them, any resident who may not have a support network and is isolated or vulnerable, can request an emergency parcel. Call the Help Hub on 01293 438000 between 8.30am and 5pm if you need help. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or complete an eform available at crawley.gov.uk/coronavirus
For the latest coronavirus information and advice visit gov.uk/coronavirus and crawley.gov.uk/coronavirus