Labour have launched our campaign about how we will make Britain the best place to work with a new deal for working people.
Labour will secure our economy by backing British businesses to create the next generation of high-skilled jobs, opposing tax rises on businesses and families that will choke off the recovery and put jobs at risk, investing in new industries by providing start-up loans for 100,000 new businesses across every region of the UK, and protecting family incomes by opposing the Conservatives’ cut to universal credit.
Labour’s new deal for working people includes:
- Security at work: Better and fairer workplaces by giving workers full rights from day one on the job; outlawing fire and rehire; a new right to work flexibly; and strengthening trade unions.
- Quality jobs: Use government contracts to support British businesses so we buy, make and sell more in Britain; a strong industrial strategy that delivers investment in green jobs including building electric cars.
- Fairer economy: A fair and level playing field on tax between multinational and local businesses; tackle harassment and discrimination at work so everyone can get on.
- Opportunity for all: A jobs-promise for young people with a guarantee of quality education, training or employment; create tens of thousands of apprenticeships by ending the Treasury raid of the apprenticeship levy.
- Work that pays: Make sure that work pays enough to bring up a family with a real living wage of at least £10 an hour for all; more workers covered by collectively agreed deals which boost pay