I will always put the interests of our Town first at Westminster Peter Lamb
Crawley is and always has been my home town. It’s where I was born, where I went to school and where I’ve served the community as a councillor for almost a decade, for the last five years as Council Leader.
We all know that the funding cuts resulting from Tory austerity have seen unprecedented budget reductions for all local authorities. Here in Crawley that has meant the Government taking our entire grant. In spite of this, as Leader I am proud to say I have delivered new council housing on a scale not seen for decades, managed to avoid frontline cuts, balanced the budgets annually and kicked off a wave of investment in the town’s facilities and infrastructure.
I want the best for our town, that’s why I’ve worked hard for Crawley, it’s also why I’m so passionate about reversing the damage caused by austerity cuts imposed on us. Under the Conservatives; our local NHS has gone into financial ‘special measures’, our headteachers were forced to march on Downing Street to demand the funding they need and the reduction in police officers has seen a wave of drugs and violence spilling out into our neighbourhoods and town centre.
I don’t believe that’s what most of us really want for Crawley. Things can be different, and they must be. I have a strong track record as Crawley Council Leader, when I make a promise, I keep it. My promise to the people of Crawley, if they support me on 12 December and elect me as their MP, is that I will;
- always put the interests of our town first at Westminster
- support our public services by ending the cuts which have been taken them to the brink of collapse
- work to combat climate change and generate growth through Labour’s Green New Deal
- seek to create a fairer society through a truly affordable and ambitious house building program
- trust the people on Brexit – only Labour will end the deadlock by giving the people the real choice as the full facts are known
I am positive about the future for our town, these cuts can be stopped and, with the support of the people of Crawley on 12 December, I’m ready to be part of making that change happen.
t: (+44) 7729 167084