Photo-id to Vote
Photo-id to Vote

Starting from May 2023 the Tory government have introduced a requirement for people going to vote at polling stations to bring with them some form of Photo-id. The following are valid photo-ids (Note that this is the full list and it is a long list and we have put the most likely ones for Crawley residents to hold at the top):

  • Passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or a Commonwealth country (including an Irish Passport Card) Note: (does not need to be up to date as long as it has a picture of you)
  • Driving licence issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state (this includes a provisional driving licence)
  • A Blue Badge
  • Older Person’s Bus Pass funded by the UK Government
  • Disabled Person’s Bus Pass funded by the UK Government
  • Oyster 60+ Card funded by the UK Government
  • Freedom Pass
  • Scottish National Entitlement Card issued for the purpose of concessionary travel (including a 60+, disabled or under 22s bus pass)
  • 60 and Over Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
  • Disabled Person’s Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
  • Senior SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
  • Registered Blind SmartPass or Blind Person’s SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
  • War Disablement SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
  • 60+ SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
  • Half Fare SmartPass issued in Northern Ireland
  • Identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (a PASS card) (National Proof of Age Standards Scheme)
  • Biometric immigration document
  • Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card)
  • National identity card issued by an EEA state
  • Electoral Identity Card issued in Northern Ireland

If you don’t have any of these you can apply for a ‘Voter Authority Certificate’ before 5pm on Wednesday 24th April 2024 :  Voter Authority Certificate

If you do need a Voter Authority Certificate it is suggested that you get it as soon as possible.

You can find further information from the Electoral Commission

So don’t forget – take your Photo-id with you when you go to the Polling Station otherwise you won’t be allowed to Vote!

If this is too much of a palaver please consider applying for a Postal Vote. You can apply for this at anytime, perhaps today, and there is no cost. You can obtain the application form online and submit it electronically or by post. Your ballot paper will then be posted to your home shortly before the election, usually about a week, you then fill in your ballot paper, put it into a reply-paid envelope and post it off. Its that simple.

You can apply for your postal vote today by clicking this link : Apply for a Postal Vote

Promoted by Stephen Pritchard on behalf of Crawley Labour Party both of 34 The Pasture, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 7AN.

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search